When you visit a website, your device usually takes you to the correct page. However, there are times when this doesn’t happen and you wind up on an incorrect page. This is commonly referred to as an “err unknown url scheme” Android webview error. In this blog post, we will discuss how to fix err unknown url scheme error and how it can affect your browsing experience. We will also provide some tips on how to prevent it from happening in the first place.
What is the Err Unknown Url Scheme Android Webview Error?
The Err Unknown Url Scheme Android Webview Error is a common error message that pops up when you try to access a website on your Android device. This error usually occurs when you can’t find the website’s canonical URL. Here’s how to fix it:
1. Open the Settings app on your phone and tap on “WebView.”
2. In the WebViewSettings dialog, make sure that the “Use Canonical URLs” toggle is turned on.
3. If you’re using a third-party web browser (like Chrome or Firefox), make sure that it supports dynamic canonicalization.
4. Try visiting the website again. If the problem still persists, contact your network administrator or Google for help resolving the issue.
How to Fix the Err Unknown Url Scheme Android Webview Error
If you are getting an “err unknown url” error when trying to open a web page in your Android webview, there are a few things you can try. The most common cause of this error is a missing or invalid hostname in your web browser’s proxy settings. To fix this problem, follow these steps:
1. Open Settings on your phone and select “Wi-Fi”.
2. Select the network you’re using and tap “Advanced”.
3. Tap on the “Proxies” tab and add a new proxy.
4. Enter the hostname or IP address of the web server you want to use as the proxy, and press OK.
5. Restart your Android webview app and try to open the website again.
As technology continues to evolve and more and more online services are being accessed through our smartphones, it is essential that we are able to reliably access these services. Unfortunately, due to a number of different issues (such as incorrect or missing permissions), some users find themselves unable to access certain websites. In this article, we will discuss how you can fix the err unknown url scheme Android webview error so that you can once again enjoy seamless browsing experience on your smartphone. Hopefully, by following our tips you will be able to resolve the issue and regain full access to all of your favorite websites.